Icy Joe Pages 24 and 25

Hello and Welcome back.

The Dubblejay engine seems to be running a little late this week. Let's put it down to leaves on the track, shall we? Teams of engineers have been working around the clock to solve the problem and, in fairness to them, it would be churlish of us to denigrate their efforts by complaining about a few hours of tardiness. Better to say, as I'm sure you'll agree, 'Well done, lads. A good effort. Better luck next week.' [They respond well to that sort of thing and I'm sure it'll mean next week's post will be bang on time].
In any case, onwards. I'm sure you're more interested in the freight than you are in all of the ins and outs of how it's delivered.

This week's pages were almost too much fun to draw. The 'breathing in' page was a challenge - when I sat down to draw it, I wondered how on earth I was going to make a full page illustration of someone breathing in. It's not the first thing that springs to mind as the basis for an exciting episode in an adventure story. Luckily, I had my status as a long-time comics fan to fall back on; those swirls are meant to be the King's speech balloons disintegrating as he breathes them back in. I'll leave it up to you to decide how successfully this works. As always, please feel free to let me know what you think in the comments section below.



See you next Monday.

JJ
Over and Out.

Leave a Response

Post a Comment